The screening process used by VALBIOTIS has enabled us to identify 5 plant extracts (which been proven to have a major synergistic effect when combined). This combination was then developed to perfection, resulting in the active ingredient called TOTUM-63. Several pre-clinical studies have proven its efficacy against different risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
A Phase I/II clinical study made it possible to objectify its safety and provide an initial proof of concept of its efficacy on the metabolism of carbohydrates and insulin. Based on these conclusive results, Phase II studies can be conducted directly for every product containing this active ingredient.
VALBIOTIS is now developing three products made with the active ingredient TOTUM-63:
- Valedia® is the most advanced of the three. Currently undergoing Phase II of clinical development and has been proven to have several beneficial effects on several risk factors for type 2 diabetes. Valedia® is a world premiere for over 527 million pre-diabetics in the world;
- VAL-63 NAFLD acts effectively against serum and hepatic triglycerides (preclinical data). NASH (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis) is the progressive form of NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). NAFLD can be considered to be a risk condition for developing NASH;
- VAL-630 is a medical nutrition product (Food for Special Medical Purposes) that provides nutritional support for patients with NASH and can also be suitable for patients with type 2 diabetes.
Two other products are also under clinical development:
- Lipidrive®, which regulates body weight by acting specifically on body fat mass;
- VAL-070 which is designed to reduce LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
VALBIOTIS therefore benefits from a mature pipeline with 5 products, which are all undergoing clinical development.