Valedia® is a world premiere for 527 million prediabetics. The product entered Phase II in November 2016, and is designed to prevent type 2 diabetes.
Preclinical studies conducted on its active ingredient have proven its ability to:
- Reduce fasting blood glucose;
- Reduce glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c);
- Improve insulin sensitivity;
- Improve carbohydrate tolerance;
- Reduce body weight (specific effect on body fat mass);
- Reduce liver and blood triglycerides.
In Humans, the results of the Phase I/II clinical trial confirmed the safety of Valedia® and provided proof of concept on the metabolism of glucose and insulin, showing:
- Increased carbohydrate tolerance with a 13% decrease in the postprandial glycemic peak;
- A 37% decrease in postprandial insulin secretion;
- A 41% improvement in the insulin sensitivity index, a key mechanism for preventing and treating type 2 diabetes.
The results of the Phase II studies, which included over 450 people from Europe, the United States and Canada, will provide key data to facilitate the submission of a proprietary health claim to European and American regulatory authorities. This claim will enable Valedia® to be positioned as the first product in the world designed for over 527 million prediabetics.
Valedia® is the first of a line of new-generation, first-in-class products that provide a true preventive solution. Valedia® enables patients to live life to the fullest, in good health, and it helps ease the economic burden placed on public and private health systems.